Get insights on
- What needs to be done for career planning;
- How is life in industry;
- How do I disseminate and communicate to a broader audience.
- Job search; career options; careers outside academia; driving principals in private companies; work life/private life balance in the private sector; working with customers.
- KRAJEWSKI and TROESCHER will share their career experience in the private sector and cooperation with the university;
- KINAL will talk about her career at the university and in the industry (examples of 3 careers and 3 different perspectives);
- SMITH [ESCI] will explain the aspects and know-how for communication to various audiences.
The ESRs will exercise their skills during challenging events with involvement of business investors (Agri-Innovations’ Den contest).
- Each ESR will apply the acquired skills for preparing a bio-business plan for implementation; the ESRs may propose start-up presentations individually or in pairs with their own innovative ideas; industrial partners designated from the consortium or externally through UTP brokers of innovations will constitute the jury; the ‘winning’ start- up will be elaborated for competing in a real programme (e.g. Agri-Innovations’ Den).
- The ESRs will be exposed to citizens’ opinions about their innovative proposals in agriculture; the public seminar (e.g. at the city hall) aims to build up society’s acceptance for innovation; the ESRs will present the innovations and answer citizens’ questions and doubts such as ‘Why incorporate pre-birth treatments to animals? Is it safe? What are evidences for impact on health and economy? Is the meat product safe? How much would it cost us?’
STADNICKA [UTP]; MILCZEWSKA [UTP Regional Centre for Innovation-Centre for Technology Transfer-UTP Spolka Celowa (special purpose vehicle)]; SMITH [ESCI]; KRAJEWSKI [Vetdiagnostica]; KINAL [Drobex Agro]; TROESCHER [Chemovator GmbH]; local journalist [invited by UTP]