- Gain an understanding of the importance of innovation, its management and strategies;
- get an insight into the technology transfer process and the different stakeholders involved;
- get an insight into management and performance issues surrounding knowledge and technology transfer;
- gain an understanding of Intellectual Property Rights [IPR], their protection and different models of exploitation.
- Introduction to the course: innovation definition, challenges and context: what does it mean? What is its relevance to firms’ growth & survival? What are its forms/types? What are its sources and life cycle?
- Innovation management & strategy (1): Should we be the first to innovate? 1st mover advantage strategy: its advantages and risks, fast follower or 2nd fast mover strategy;
- Innovation management and strategy (2): Developing a new value proposition through innovation, capturing value from innovation via protecting new innovative knowledge;
- Evaluation of Intellectual Property [IP], protection of innovative ideas; partners of MonoGutHealth (Vencomatic, Vanden Avenne, Kaesler Nutrition, CSEM) share their expertise (e.g. working as a scientist in industry; problems of industry in a globalised market; innovation in industry);
- Each ESR reports about his/her strategy of IP and technology transfer including Think Tank ideas.
The ESRs will work in teams and challenge themselves by presenting their strategies on IP, technology transfer, innovation, commercialisation to industrial partners or to non-scientific public and academic partners. They will develop valuable transferable skills in communicating to a non-scientific audience, financial skills, negotiation, creative problem solving, team working and responsible innovation. For PCDP, the ESRs will consult a career planner at their local hosts. Next, during the training school, each PCDP will be evaluated and discussion and action points defined to follow-up their career planning
NEMEH, LA ROCCA [Rennes SB], PIRON [ULiège], invited talks from VAN DE VEN [Vencomatic], VAN GINDERACHTER [Vanden Avenne], KAESLER [Kaesler Nutrition], DUNBAR [CSEM]